Home Decor: Planning Baby J's Bedroom Makeover

Last week I posted about my plans for Little H's bedroom, so this week I thought I'd share my idea for Baby J's new room. My baby will soon be a baby no longer as he turns two in May and pretty soon he will be out of his cot. We are planning on getting H a full size single, so he will inherit her toddler bed, bed rail included. I am sad that the baby days in our house are almost over, but keeping myself busy with one of my favourite activities - planning and pinning!



Before Christmas during a shopping trip to Dunelm Mill, my mum and I saw some bedding and I just thought it was perfect. In our last house Baby J had a turquoise bedroom as we picked a wall decal with turquoise in and went from there.


Unfortunately it isn't particularly a popular colour so there isn't a lot of choice out there when it comes to bedding. The Dino range at Dunelm is turquoise, green and dark blue and features dinosaurs - perfect for my little man!


Once I had decided on these colours and a dinosaur theme, it all went from there. I love the idea of a reading nook using the Lova bed canopy leaves from Ikea and I think he would a huge floor cushion to sit on underneath them, either that or jump on it!

For the walls I really wasn't sure, it isn't a large room so I don't think it could handle a lot of colour, so when I saw the stripes featuring the right colours I thought that would be a great solution on just one wall. I also loved the initial painted faintly on one wall.


I'd like to create something a bit different and fun in his room so when I saw the magnetic wall I thought that would be a great idea! Both the children love magnets and it definitely would be a feature in his room! I also found the image of a magnetic wall racing track, so this might be a smaller scale option if I run out of room.
source
Check back soon for an update on how all our decor plans are coming along and to see the plans for our other rooms!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code