Tips To Kill The Boredom When You Have A Chronic Illness

Many of us who suffer from chronic illness are housebound, if not bedbound, and thinking of things to do to keep the boredom at bay can be a challenge at best. Over winter and spring I really struggled with keeping myself busy and I find boredom and loneliness some of the biggest factors in my mood and therefore my mental health.


So if you are stuck inside and completely fed up, I've put together a few ideas to keep you going when you cannot think of what to do with yourself.

TV
Most of us have probably got sick of sitting an staring at the screen, or find it too much, but if you are still up to watching TV then you can finds loads of things to watch on places such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. These cost a monthly fee, but if you are fed up and need something new to watch they are well worth. Not only do they show films and TV series you can find on other channels, but they have their own too. My recommendations are definitely Once Upon A Time, Stranger Things, Sinner and Making A Murderer and I've also used them to rewatch shows like Downton Abbey, Gossip Girl and classes like Buffy The Vampire Slayer that I haven't watched in years!

Online Shopping
If you're housebound you obviously can't get anywhere to buy anything for yourself, so the internet is your salvation. Just because you are not getting out doesn't mean you don't want to take care of yourself and why shouldn't you? Groupon always have some fab deals on and I am a huge fan of supermarkets for great clothes that don't break the bank.

Crafting
There are tons of different types of crafting activities out there from knitting to card making to quilting. There may have been something you did as a child that you haven't tried in ages, or just maybe something you've always thought of doing but never have. Why not give it a try now? Slow and steady is the best way to go and not overdo too much in one go, but these things not only kill time but get you using your creative brain too.

Puzzles
I absolutely love jigsaw puzzles but up until recently it had been years since I'd touched one. Following my sister's recommendation I've bought a c couple of the Wasgij ones and absolutely love doing them. All you need is a table big enough, or just a piece of board which I use one top of my footstool downstairs.

Colouring
Adult colouring has now become a big thing and something I really didn't think would be my thing. I don't do it very often but it is actually quite satisfying to do and there are so many options of styles and patterns you can colour there is something for everyone.

*This is a featured post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code