Life Update: July 2018

It's been a good long whilst since I wrote much about how we are all doing, and that's probably because it's been such a roller coaster ride over the last few years it's hard to know where to start. But here goes...

Holly is now seven and Jack is six and this week they have doing their 'moving up' days at school where they try out their new classes. Holly is moving up to key stage 2 in September, which is just nuts, and Jack will be in his final year of key stage 1. Their classrooms are now in different buildings which makes dropping them off and collecting them fun, and also just highlights that Holly is in the next stage at school. Someone mentioned today that in the same amount of time since Holly was born she will be getting on for sixteen!!


Both children are really active, and have been enjoying a much better social life than their parents! We currently have only two days free a week out of seven with them attending dance, beavers, football, brownies and swimming, not to mention any extra trips or activities these classes put on. They are both happy children though (aside from when daddy's away, when Holly goes into bedtime meltdown), with Jack maintaining his accidentally destructive nature, which currently involves smashing anything that that can be deemed a football into anything that can be deemed a goal - think rocks against my legs and you'll get the picture. Holly doesn't have one thing in particular she focuses on and generally will give anything a go. She's currently enjoying giving football a try and her long legs definitely give her an edge!


At the moment time both flies and drags. The weeks can be long, especially when John is away, and yet the days at home for me seem to disappear with very little to say about them as I am still sleeping 3-4 hours a day. I thought this amazing weather we're having this Summer would pick me up, as it always does on holiday, but I think because it's so humid and just sweaty it's had the opposite effect.

We are all more than ready for a holiday and thank goodness we go in just over a week! We are visiting what looks like a lovely resort just outside of Benidorm which features a zoo and waterpark on site. It is also not far from Moraira, where my parents had a villa for about five years and we visited for many more years prior to that, so we plan on hiring a car and visiting there for the day. Apart from that we plan on lots of rest, making full use of the kids club as well as sending time as a family, particularly with John having been away lately.

John is settling into a new company work-wise, but he's definitely been finding things hard of late. As well as working 50+ hour week, he then cooks, cleans and often does bedtime on top of that and it can all get too much. It's definitely a fine balance between us to keep our heads above water.



I'm trying my best to reduce my energy usage and do what I can to boost my energy levels. I'm attempting to eat better and also trying a few supplements that have been recommended. It is a hard struggle though as if I do nothing and just rest my mental state is really low, so I have to find a medium between over doing things and keeping myself sane.


I think that's it for now! I am hoping to write more about chronic illness and mental health as much as I can, but at the moment the worse I feel the less I am able to share and so it is up and down, like most things. I hope if you are reading this you are feeling well and enjoying this beautiful summer. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code