Review: Getting Ready For Summer with JD Williams

With summer here a couple of months early this year, it has been an absolute delight to put all those winter jumpers and boots away and drag out my moth-balled summer clothes. With hardly getting a chance to wear any with our pitiful summer last year, my poor cooler clothes were looking a bit bedraggled and I realised I need to freshen them up a bit. With lots of fun activities planned for May and June I decided a new pair of decent trainers we definitely required, as well as some new swimwear. Fortunately JD Williams offered me some pieces to try, which worked out perfectly.

I love footwear and wear mostly flats nowadays. However I rarely spend much money on them and subsequently they don't tend to last very long and for big days out I always struggle with a practical and stylish pair to wear. I decided the time had some to invest in some decent trainers, so when I looked on the JD Williams site I was thrilled to see there were lots to choose from. It took me a while to narrow it down, but in the end I went for these Gola Classic Harrier Trainer. These trainers just seemed really timeless and in a navy colour they were practical for walking around in, plus they are a suede-type fabric so really soft too.



I have worn these trainers all over the place and have to say they are really comfortable. They haven't rubbed once, even without socks and because they are so classic they go with lots of different outfits.


As I said before I had already decided this was the year to invest in some good swimwear. I have tended to hide away in previous years, lacking in body confidence, and whilst I'm not planning on putting it all out there, I wanted some bright and fun swimwear to make me feel more confident. I have heard great things about Figleaves so decided to try this curve bikini in a plum colour. It has a high waist so hides that c-section tummy and also a halter top which I always find quite flattering as I have a larger chest.




I absolutely love this bikini, it is pretty modest and yet has a hint of skin with its keyhole detail in the front. It also has sequins on it which add a bit of sparkle, and I think it will look great on holiday this summer.


So there are my JD Williams picks for this summer. I have been lots of holiday clothes shopping and I'm planning on sharing a video on that soon so head over to my youtube channel for that soon.

*I was sent these FOC however all opinions are my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code