Me & Mine April

I seem to have missed a month of Me & Mine and am also late on April's update, but here it is, better late than never! I actually managed to kind of stage this photo, a little at least! It certainly doesn't meet a lot of other bloggers standards but it was about to rain so we had to get it in quick!

Here is this month's update:

Little H


Now my little lady is three years and four months and seems to grow up more and more each day. She amazes me sometimes with the things she comes out with and she soaks so much up around her. We are having to be more careful about what is on the TV or what we say as one of these days I know she's going to come out with something - I've already heard her say 'this is rubbish' and 'you're doing my head in' which makes me hang my head a little, but also try and hide a smile as it just sounds so funny coming from her!

Bed times are up and down, some days she goes without a word, some days I am up and own the stairs ten times trying to placate her. My mum watched them on Saturday night for us and so H was up at 7 with her, and then daddy let her out of her room early on Sunday to stop her screaming, so this morning she didn't want to stay in her room until her Gro Clock came on. She gets out of routines so easily we really have to try and stick to them, otherwise she just melts down.

She is absolutely loving being in the garden with me and has become my little helper. We go out most evenings to water the plants and she has helped me plant some bulbs and flowers. She watches me intently when I'm trimming plants and tidying things up and I think as she grows she will explore this more, and I am so pleased about that. As a little girl I spent many hours in the garden with my dad, watching and learning and it makes me happy that she seems to love it too. The other day she spotted a ladybird on our butterfly bush and was so excited, moments like that make me smile.

Baby J


Not a baby for much longer, our little man is two in just three weeks! He is definitely well into the terrible twos, though, much more than H ever did, and he certainly makes his presence known! For a long time he was so chilled out and content but recently he is all over the place, demanding this and that and paddying and screaming when he doesn't get it. I know he is just testing his boundaries and this is the time for us to be firm and set the rules down now, but he really does test our patience!

He absolutely dotes on his big sister and follows her everywhere. She bosses him about but he doesn't seem to mind, and doesn't hesitate to stand up for himself when he needs to. He does know how to wind her up already though, and I am often settling disputes throughout the day whilst he shouts  'no' at her and she screams 'mummy he's saying no!!'

His interest for Fireman Sam has turned into an obsession over the last two months! Woe betide if there is anything on the TV except Sam, he now has a full range of figures and fire trucks as well as a soft toy Sam, magazines and puzzles. So of course his birthday party will have to be fireman themed in some way just for my little hero next door! It is very cute when he is stood in front of you demanding 'Am' or 'Tam', he's not quite got used to saying his S's yet!

---

This month's photo was taken in our lovely garden in front of the tyres which I am so proud of, although they are a bit hidden. Last year we spent a lot of time and energy transforming our garden ad the children absolutely love being out there, so this month's photo is to celebrate that!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code