Here's To 2017

I'm not really one for resolutions - I hate the pressure of having to stick to things and knowing if I fail it's out there for all the world to see. But it has occurred to me lately that I'm possibly a bit flaky and don't really stick to much. Apart from my marriage, blogging has been the only thing I have stuck out for longer than a couple of years and I tend to find some excuse not to complete goals, diets and any other resolutions I set myself.

So I've decided this year I will do my utmost to push past the self doubt and lack of motivation and put some targets in place that I can try and accomplish. If I don't, so be it, but I want to at least say I tried. So in no particular order they are:

Get healthy, both with my diet and with my fitness. Due to having chronic fatigue the latter is and always will be a struggle, but I do feel I've become very stagnant and somehow need to push myself. I am also at the heaviest I have ever been and bordering on overweight. As a young adult who never ever struggled with my weight, it's been a huge shock seeing the weight pile on and I know I need to do something about it, if only to improve my mental well being about the whole thing as I am pretty low about it.


Earn some money. After nearly six years of blogging I think it's time I tried to make an income from sitting in front of my computer for hours at a time. I've been looking at others who have been successful in this and trying to pick up ideas and tips as to how I can do the same. I have also been looking at how I can transfer the skills Ive learnt through blogging to try and do some freelance work. Watch this space.


Give my husband a break. This may make people laugh but living with someone with a chronic illness is no picnic and I can see my husband is really struggling recently. For a couple of years now he has very little time to himself, even for a matter of minutes as he juggles work, many of my roles in the home and looking after the children most of his time at home whilst I have tried to manage my extreme tiredness. Whilst I am very conscious of all he does and extremely grateful, it has occurred to me that maybe I need to ease up on day to day demands I place on him. Another work in progress!


Try and manage our money better. In the last few months there has been a lot of uncertainty in Mr H's work and that has meant our income has been less than it was. However because it can be so uncertain and we were confident that it would soon return to normal we didn't really adapt our spending. So now is the time to try and have a good look at what we spend and try and manage it a lot better - and another reason for me to try and bring in some income.

Try and enjoy the moments. This has been a focus of mine for a few months as I am very aware that these days with the children are fleeting and I want to make the most of them. Sometimes, though, life really just gets in the way and tiredness and being busy takes over and you forget to just enjoy yourself. So this year I'm going to start my happiness jar back up and write down our happy little moments as well as try to sit back and look at what is around me and take it all in.


So there we are, my targets for 2017. Hopefully in twelve months time I can look back positively to say at least some of these were achieved.



post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code