An Autumn Family Photoshoot


This week we are having a family photo session. Since the children were born we have tried to have relatively regular photoshoots as a family, as we both love photographs and it is important to us to capture those memories with the children as they grow.

We have used a couple of photographers over the years, however there is one we have gone back to time and again and who creates the most beautiful and magical images - Jemma Lambert Photography. She took the photos from the first ever shoot we did with Miss H when she was seven weeks old, and then again when she was nine months. She has yet to photograph Little J, so we will see how she keeps up with them both this time!
At seven weeks
And at nine months
We have never had an outdoor shoot, so when I approached Jemma about photographing us again she was thrilled at the idea of getting us outside. When we decided to do October I knew it would be an autumnal theme and I was so excited at the idea of getting us all bundled up and outside, ready for some beautiful shots of such a colourful season.




Of course, our clothes are an important part of the process and I have been thinking for a while now what we can wear - do we go matchy-matchy, all completely different, or maybe jeans and white tops? In the end I decided to pick a key colour and a couple of other tones and go from there.

A useful pin
Lately my favourite colour is mustard and I seemed to have subconsciously bought quite a few pieces for me and the kids in this colour, so I quickly had my starting point. After looking at a few colour pallets I decided denim blue and chocolate brown would be a fab combination. Pulling together pieces from our existing wardrobe, as well as some ideas from a spot online shopping, I have put together a loose idea of what we will be wearing.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10
11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
I do love a good tutu on Miss H and she already owns this brown one from Matalan. Teamed with some mustard tights, top and shoes, her new coat from Next will finish it off beautifully, as well as a cute bow headband!

For Little J and Mr H I kept it pretty simple - boys don't like too much faff do they? I teamed his new top from Zara with some jeans he already has as well as his Clarks shoes, and finished it off with a beanie. Mr H loves his earth tones, so his existing brown cords and boots along with a denim-look shirt and this gorgeous Firetrap coat, and a beanie to match J will suit him just fine. For me, I have recently bought this jumper from Tesco's clothing, so I matched it with my blue skinnies and browns boots, finished off with a statement necklace. I may add a scarf or hat to this too.

So there you have it - my families' autumn photoshoot outfits. What do you think - are they too much? Or just right for autumn?

*I have not been asked or paid to share any of these.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code