Review: David Charles Partywear For Girls

There are some beautiful clothes out there for girls and finding the right party dress can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. I tend to turn to the usual supermarket find or maybe a trip to Next or Monsoon. However from time to time I do like to splash out on something extra special and when I was looking for a dress for Holly that would be suitable for her birthday and into the Christmas party season I was really thrilled when David Charles Childrenswear got in touch.


David Charles are an iconic childrenswear brand that have been around since the 1970's. Originally based in Britain, they now have boutiques all over the world. Their dresses have been worn by Royalty and Hollywood stars and are designed for girls aged 2 - 16 years old.

The dress I chose is the royal blue and gold occasion dress. When I received the dress I was absolutely thrilled at the quality of it - it has two layers made of tulle and velvet and such beautiful gold embroidered detailing on the top. It also has a round ruffle neckline and knee length pleated skirt which falls beautifully. It is really heavyweight quality fabric and it feels like a really luxurious dress to wear, in fact I’d love one in my size!


Holly is average height for her size, although she does have quite long legs. I went for a size 7 and it fit her perfectly. The dress has a nice long concealed zip at the back so it is easy to slip on and zip up without struggling to get in and out of.

It is such a beautiful colour blue and really suited Holly’s colouring. She has worn it twice already and had lots of comments on how lovely it is. It was the perfect dress for her birthday and seemed pretty robust surviving through eating, dancing and partying the day away.


David Charles dresses are more on the expensive side - this one is £249 (although it's currently in the sale for £125) - but if you are looking for one for a special occasion I’d highly recommend them. They are superior quality and are made to last. You can find out more on their website.

*We were sent this dress FOC however all opinions are my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code