Baby J's Christening

Today my little man had his christening. It was a lovely day, but although it had been booked for months it seemed to come upon us all at once and I was making decorations up until the last minute!

My mum's friend made a cake for him, so I took the theme from there and used baby blue decorations and bought a tablecloth and paper plates to match. After putting out a 'help' plea on Twitter the lovely Annee Apple offered to design some printable bunting for me, which I gratefully accepted. Lucy at Capture By Lucy then told me of a quick tutorial to make paper pin wheels. These were so easy to make, and although a bit fiddly in places I was quite pleased with the result. Compared to H's christening my decorating effort was a bit minimal, but that is often the way at the moment.


J was christened at our local church, the same as H was christened at, with the lovely vicar who walks them around the church, introducting to the family. Everyone then gathered at our house for food and chat. I thought our house was a good size, it turns out if you throw 30 people in the mix its a bit of a squeeze! Trying to serve food and drinks was a challenge, but it was a lovely afternoon and J got some very thoughtful gifts.




The best part, though, was seeing my little man all dressed up (along with Grandad!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code