How To Put Together The Perfect Nursery

When I was putting together Holly's nursery, a lot of ideas went into consideration - my own taste (modern, contemporary with a secret lust for vintage), what I wanted for my new baby (she WILL like butterflies!) and what would create a calming, happy environment for her. I knew I wanted pink to be in there, but not bright, in-your-face illuminous pink. When I came across the Cocalo bedding range at Babies R Us, I knew this was the one. I took my lead from this beautiful bedding and went from there.

So how can you put together your dream nursery? There are so may resources out there now that can help inspire you. A quick search on Google Images brings up a whole host of amazing ideas for you to start with, a trip to Project Nursery brings up more delicious designs, or how about this great Etsy team, Posh Nursery, who also have a facebook page, for some handmade touches? To demonstrate how I found my ideas, I picked one main item which would inspire the nursery. I decided to use this bunting as a jumping-off point:


Lime Green and Aqua Blue Bunting


 Using this bunting, here are the inspirations I found:

This bright and fun nursery features green and blue circles that would go perfectly with the spotty fabric of the bunting. Check out this guide at Unique Baby Gear Ideas for painting the perfect polka dots, or how about buying some decals:

Decal by Wall Glitz
 I love the lime tree wall sticker in this nursery:
 Check out these other samples on Etsy: 
by Wiwicoco
 
by Wall Decors

This amazing crib is stunning and matches this theme perfectly:

 And who can resist this lucious painted dresser:


 The lime and turquoise elements to this nursery make it bright and airy, especially lusting over the chair and table lamp: 


And finally you can't do without those little details, courtesy of some great Etsy finds: 
 
by Lil Sprout Creations
by Color Bee
by De Deetsy Shop
by Linen Baby
by Lucky Deer Designs
by Little Dreamers Inc

So with some time and research you too can find the perfect inspirations for any theme! Go on, have a go, I'd love to see your results!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top buzzoole code